Tonight was the perfect night for our family to enjoy one of our fave meals – Chicken & Noodles. I won’t lie, usually my kids devour this but tonight they turned up their noses. Seriously, I never can keep up with their ever changing taste buds. Either way, I’m sharing because I just love it so much and we are on our way into the season for some comfort food!
Side note: I hadn’t planned to share so I will hopefully be able to come back and add some pictures of the process next time I make this!
Slow Cooker Gluten Free Chicken & Noodles
4 large chicken breasts
32 oz. chicken broth
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 cans of gluten free cream of chicken condensed soup (linked here)
1-2 bay leaves
1 stick butter
salt & pepper to taste
2 bags of baby/cut carrots
2 boxes gluten free egg noodles (linked here)
*My gluten free items I usually get either from Hy-Vee or Whole Foods. You can easily make this non gluten free by using Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, and regular egg noodles.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Whisk the broth and boullion cube in a separate bowl and pour over the chicken.
- Throw in a bay leaf or two.
- Dump the cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken and the broth mixture.
- Then add the carrots.
- Divide up the stick of butter and put it on top of everything in the slow cooker and add some salt and pepper.
- Let all of this cook on high for about 6-8 hours.
- Add the noodles last and let them cook for another hour or so.
- Mix up and serve!
This makes a hefty amount, which is one of the things we love about it! You can eat it for leftovers for days! Tonight, my husband whipped up some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to go with as a throw back to his childhood when they would eat chicken and noodles his mom would also serve PB&J. Sometimes we serve it with mashed potatoes and King’s Hawaiian rolls.
This is a great comfort food meal for any family! Enjoy!