Welcome to What I Bought Wednesday – a weekly round up of my favorite items I’ve recently purchased.
**This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Ya’ll – I am obsessed with office supplies. Maybe it’s because I was a teacher for nine years, or maybe it’s just because I love creating and organizing. But whatever it is whenever back to school time rolls around I *must* resist the urge to buy all the things. Notebooks, pens, sticky notes, organizers – oh my.
Okay, but for real. This time of year (and really all year, actually) I can’t resist the urge to splurge on organizing and office supplies.
My Home Office
Before I share my favorite office supplies, I thought I would give you a little sneak peek into my new home office. One of the reasons we fell in love with this place was the absolutely gorgeous basement that includes a home office.
It’s perfectly chic.
I still haven’t decorated it. There’s a few sore points that just kind of have me at this holding point.
Here, I’ll show you…
Home Office Woes
1. The Electrical Panel – The previous owner had a really pretty floral photo hung here that covered it perfectly. But it wasn’t really the “look” I was going for so I took it down.
So I looked for something to replace it. What I found was nice but not quite big enough.
I’m considering this bookshelf from Ikea, but it’s been out of stock and I’m not 100% sure it’s going to be tall enough.
2. The Narrow Shape – I haven’t quite decided what I want to put along the wallpapered wall.
I have a few ideas.
- A luxe couch to lounge on (that doesn’t cost $2k)
- Bookshelves with a cute mirror above them to open up the space
3. The Echos – I’ve been struggling with how best to dampen the sound in here because the floors are laminate. I already have a rug in here, and after researching I think I just need to start bringing more into the office to help dampen the sound a bit.
I’ll figure it all out, eventually. And when I do, I’ll be sure to share.
But my desk office supplies – those are on point.
My Favorite Office Supplies
- Acrylic Monitor Riser – This is my latest office buy and I LOVE it. I was having such a hard time fitting everything in where I needed it around the monitor on my desk. This monitor riser is not only super functional – but it’s also really cute!
I have an iMac with a 21.5” screen and it fits great. I also have a wireless keyboard that fits great underneath!
- Ring Light – I basically use my ring light anytime I have a Zoom call or when I’m recording a video. I bought an inexpensive one off Amazon a few years ago and it has worked perfectly for what I’ve needed.
- Blue Light Glasses – I get asked about these glasses almost daily! They are my favorite blue light blocking glasses. I love how big the frame is and the tortoise pattern goes with everything!
- Cute Notebook – I love a cute notebook (sometimes a little too much and I end up with a collection of them, haha). But I actually especially like the one I’m currently using because it has three tabs that separate the notebook into sections. I like having a section for my to-do list and then one where I take notes for ideas and pieces of information I want to remember.
- Papermate Markers – I discovered these markets when I first started teaching. I love that I color code my calendar and my notes. They are a bit more thick than a really nice ballpoint pen and they write SO smooth like a marker.
- Leather Cord Organizer – I love these leather cord organizers. I don’t know about you but the cords can get a little crazy on my desk. I really dislike the look of the cords cluttering up the space and these little guys really help keep everything contained.
- Legal Pads – Where are my lefty’s at? I love a nice legal pad because I don’t have to worry about my hand butting up against the rings of a spiral bound notebook. But because legal pads can be hard to “keep” notes in, I use these cute legal pads for just random ideas and brainstorming sessions.
- Sticky Notes – Well it’s no surprise that I love sticky notes. I really can’t sit down to work without them. Whether it’s for small reminders here and there or for specific events or ideas that I need to be able to move, sticky notes are my jam.
- Acrylic Pencil Organizer – Remember the cute flair pens I told you about above? Well, I’m a little obsessed with getting to see them in all their glory sitting out on my desk. I love sorting them by color in this acrylic pencil organizer – rainbow color coded pens, oh my!
- Label Maker – I’m not a big fan of the traditional looking labels all over the place. But I do love using labels to keep everything in its place. This label maker has a really cool retro vibe and makes super simple labels.
- Paper Sorter – While I don’t have a ton of papers to keep track of since everything I do is pretty digital – I still wanted to have a way to keep the stuff on my desk organized. This paper organizer is cute and keeps everything contained in one place.
Are you a fan of office supplies like I am? What are some of your favorites?!